02 Nov Bookkeeper Vacancy
WE HAVE A BOOKKEEPER VACANCY!
Fortune Hart is a chartered accountants practice providing an unrivalled accountancy, business and tax advisory service to our business and private clients.
Our continued growth means that we now seek an experienced client facing bookkeeper to join our team.
The essential experience we need includes:
• At least 2-years practical experience of bookkeeping for small and medium sized businesses.
• Hands-on experience preparing and filing VAT returns.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and a fluent business writing ability.
• Highly computer literate – Microsoft Office experience is a must. Other training will be given.
It would be highly desirable to have:
• A good working knowledge of Xero, FreeAgent or Sage accounting software tools.
• Minimum AAT or equivalent.
• Good judgement and discretion in dealing with client requirements and concerns.
• Comfortable in a small business environment.
• Eye for detail with an ability to plan and anticipate what is needed.
• Happy to work at client premises – must have own car.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines.
• A willingness to learn new skills as systems and needs develop.
Location and Nature of Role
We always strive to provide our clients with a service we would want for ourselves and our goal is to look after their business like our own. At the same time as having fun all our team believe in these same core values.
The successful applicant must be confident in day to day dealings with small business clients, by telephone and in person, and will be flexible to take on a variety of similar work that can arise in a busy practice.
We are based on the outskirts of the beautiful town of Eccleshall, within easy reach of Stafford and Stoke on Trent. Outside our office window you are more likely to hear horses going by than the bustle of a busy road!
You will find some information about us on our website (www.fortunehart.co.uk).
This is a full-time role, but we are school run friendly and specific hours of work may be negotiated.
Scope of Role
This person will report to a director and will work closely with all practice staff.
Proven experience to take responsibility for a wide variety of tasks, including:
• Bookkeeping for a range of sole trader businesses and small limited companies.
• Process accounts to trial balance from original paper records or client books.
• Prepare relevant accounts adjustments.
• VAT calculations and filings.
• Related client administrative activities.
• Active involvement in all aspects of the practice as a whole and its business development.
• Office services support.
• Client communications.
Please email your CV along with a short covering letter which summarises relevant experience and state earliest start date. Please include current or past salary details and referee name(s). Referees will only be contacting in the event of a job offer and will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.